We base our goals and programs on more than good intentions — we base them on facts. Edmonton Public Schools, Alberta Education and other educational institutions conduct ongoing research to ensure our programs help children succeed. Here’s what we found.
We discovered children who use these programs:
- develop literacy, math and learning skills more quickly;
- learn at a level that’s appropriate for them;
- advance socially and show positive behaviours, such as originality, independence, involvement and interaction with teachers and peers; and
- experience fewer transitions, especially those cared for by three or more caregivers during the day.
And while those benefits help children — which is what we’re all about — research also shows these benefits save money in the future. Successful student performance typically leads to:
- less money spent on school resources, such as grade repetition and special education classes;
- higher education which leads to financial success in adulthood;
- higher lifetime incomes; and
- reduced levels of delinquency and crime, benefiting community members and society.